What You Need To Know-Festival Options
• The festival takes place at the Nugget Resort in Sparks, Thurs. June 4 - Sat. June 6.
• There is an Early Bird bonus day on Wednesday, June 3 exclusively for Full Festival pass holders who purchase through March 31.
• Group rate hotel rooms are available at the Nugget using the discount code GUKE20.
During the days there are:
• Instructional workshops (classes). The schedule and topics will be posted soon.
• Pro and open-mic performances, demonstrations, mini-lessons on the Day Stage.
• Jam opportunities.
• Super Raffle on Saturday morning. You must be present to win.
In the evenings there are:
• Concerts in the Celebrity Showroom (Thurs-Fri-Sat)
• Early Bird REAL Beatles Jam on Wednesday with Wings guitarist Laurence Juber
• Jam opportunities
To Purchase Festival Passes
• Festival passes, in the form of wearable badges, are required to attend workshops.
• Buy Passes Here. Passes are available for individual days or for the full festival.
• Full Festival passes purchased through March 31 receive Early Bird badges that include June 3 Early Bird Bonus Day & reflect a $20 discount to prices beginning April 1.
Full Festival passes include one of two concert ticket packages. See below.
To Purchase Concert Tickets
Concert tickets are required to attend the evening shows. Please read carefully. Concert tickets (aside from June 6 companion tickets as noted below) can be purchased on tix.com.
- Duo Full Festival passes include one complimentary concert ticket for each of the June 4 & 5 shows (2 tickets total for one person).
- Additional concert tickets for companions may be purchased separately at any time for the June 4 & 5 shows. Seating will be open/general admission.
- Premium Full Festival passes include one complimentary concert ticket for each of the June 4, 5, & 6 shows (3 tickets total for one person).
- The June 6 concert has reserved seating. Therefore, additional concert tickets for companion seating MUST be purchased at the same time as the Premium Full Festival pass in order to be seated together. Use drop-down menu labeled "Select" before adding to cart.
- Any additional concert tickets (aside from June 6 companion tickets as noted above) can be purchased on tix.com.
Some parts of the Festival are FREE!
• The vendor marketplace and daytime stage are free and open to the public on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 10AM-4PM.
• Saturday morning "Super Raffle" is free to attend but to enter you must purchase raffle tickets next to registration desk. The schedule will be posted soon.
• Children with the ability to quietly and attentively take part in workshops may attend, but require the same badge as adults. Children may also attend concerts, but use discretion.
You will receive a link to your tickets purchased from tix.com via email, for you to print at home. If you do not receive the email, please contact me. Print your tickets and do not lose them! These printed tickets are required for entry into the Celebrity Showroom.
You will receive your Festival Passes in the form of lanyard/badges at the registration table upon arrival.
There is a new cancellation policy coupled with a new ordering system. You should receive a confirmation email with your purchase. Please allow at least an hour for the email to appear in your inbox, and remember to check your spam/junk email folder.
If you have any questions or are unsure of what to buy, please contact me.
• text message 775.220.0995 at any time
• call 775.220.0995 between 9A-9P Pacific time
• email email@example.com.
I sincerely appreciate you, thanks! ~ Douglas
The Biggest Little Uke Fest In The West is coming!
June 3-6 • Nugget Resort, Sparks, Nevada
Preview: Four Days & Nights of FUN!
Each day will have a variety of musical options, but also one fun theme
Wednesday, June 3 • Early Bird Bonus Day
Beatles Day - My favorite Early Bird Bonus Day ever!
After your choice of afternoon workshops, we'll gather for a special evening with a very special guest–Laurence Juber, Paul McCartney's lead guitarist from Wings and session guitarist for George and Ringo at Abbey Road Studios! "LJ" will weave fascinating tales from the history of the music of the UK–from uke stars George Formby and Tessie O'Shea to Beatlemania. Then, he will provide the rhythm for our REAL Beatles Jam! It'll be as close as you'll get to jamming with a Beatle!
Thursday, June 4 • British Invasion Day
More Fab Four and their friends!
The Vendor Marketplace opens and our first full day of workshops begins, including two special classes; Strum Like Johnny and All About Paul's Bass. Both John & Paul had unique styles that set the Beatles apart from their peers. We'll also have a special headliner performance on the Day Stage, and finish the evening with a spectacular, one-time-only British Invasion Variety Show created especially for our festival.
Saturday, June 6 • Americana by Day - Floyd/Dead Man's Uke Finale by Night
The Country Origins of the Carter Family, Bluegrass for the Ukulele, and Jazz!
The final day of our Vendor Marketplace and workshops will be supplemented with our Super Raffle, during which we will give away thou$ands in cool ukuleles! Aaron Keim and Dennis Fisher will teach twangy, old style Americana and Bluegrass. The Day Stage will be hopping. And finally, we return to a different region of the UK for our Grand Finale. Dead Man's Uke will bring the raucous atmosphere of Manchester's pubs to the stage. Then, the massive arrangements and elaborate stage effects of a live Pink Floyd concert will burst forth in a dazzling finale of lasers and rock grandeur with The Floyd. We'll finish off Reno Fest XII with a complete performance of the longest charting album in music history, Dark Side of the Moon! Or is it Dark Side of the Uke?
NUGGET RESORT CASINO
Group Discount Room Reservations are up now!
$89 weeknights, $129 Fri-Sat no additional resort fee!*
(The online system will mention resort fee, however it will not be charged. There are messages on the Nugget site to this effect.)
Make Reservations Now!
Click here or call 800-648-1177 and use
group code GUKE20
ADDRESS & MAP
Nugget Resort 1100 Nugget Avenue, Sparks, Nevada 89431